Wednesday, November 3, 2010

John's case

In my opinion I believe that John should have got the treatment he needed. I’m not saying give this to him for free because everything costs something. Ideas were thrown out in class about having fundraisers and other community activities to get money donated to help pay the bill. I think that doing those things would help a lot, especially in tight nit caring communities. I personally think that the hospital should have worked with him to establish a payment plan. Payment plans our done for cars, houses, furniture, and even dental work. Why withhold a major surgery that could possibly save a man’s life? Hospitals aren’t made to make money. It is their job to save people’s lives. I know that saving every life is impossible and that in order to stay open and be able to treat as many people as they do; they must make some money. I’m not saying this is a bad thing but I do believe that hospitals could be more flexible and work with the patients on billing.
As for the question today, I think that universal health care is both good and bad. I say it is a bad thing because raising taxes isn’t going to help the economical situation. People who cannot afford insurance right now aren’t going to be able to pay higher taxes in most cases. I also say it is bad because it may take longer for people to see doctors and the surgeries may be pushed months away from when they need them. I also say no to universal health care because with that more and more people will become bigger dependents on the government even if they are fully capable to work. I say that it is a good thing strictly because it will give everyone health care and people who are hard working, have insurance (just doesn’t pay as much as it needs too), and are in desperate need of care are turned down.

No comments:

Post a Comment